Hardcoat Resin Cover Glass ReplacementExceptional scratch resistance and durability without compromising optical clarity
Diamond Guard provides glass-like performance and optical clarity in a thin, flexible, and shatterproof format. Now you can create durable consumer and industrial products in almost any size or shape, and that are lighter and less expensive to manufacture than was possible with traditional hard coat solutions.
Diamond Guard is an ideal alternative to glass or plastic cover lenses. See how you can make your device thinner, lighter, and less expensive to manufacture, while improving durability. Diamond Guard replaces expensive film on the backside of the touch panel module, can replace cover glass on top of a touch sensor, or can be used in add-on protective shield products for mobile phones and other devices.
|Scratch Resistance||Very Good||Good|
|Minimum Effective Thickness||0.4mm||0.12mm|
|Shapes||Limited||Almost Any Shape|
|Film Roll||Limited||High Volume|
Diamond Guard is a liquid resin that is suitable for spray, slot die, inkjet, and gravure coating.
Diamond Guard Advantages
- Hard coat protection for glass and polymer film and sheets provides chemically strengthened glass-like performance at lower cost.
- Depending on the underlying substrate, up to 9H available scratch resistance improves product service life while maintaining product aesthetics.
- Diamond Guard resin is available by the barrel to meet immediate supply chain requirements.
Diamond Guard SpecificationsOptically Clear
- >90.5% Transmission (free-standing film)
- <0.6% Haze (PET haze – 0.6%)
- Rq = 13.9 nm
- ASTM 6H
- Taber – CS-10 wheel – 500 cycles – 500g – Haze – no change
- Wyzenbeek – Denim – 1000 cycles – 500g – Haze – no change
- Bayer – Luminous Transmission – post Bayer – no change
- Slot Die Coat, Spray Coat, Inkjet Coat, Curtain Coat, Gravure Coat
Cover Glass Replacement
The disadvantages of heavy, easily damaged glass in consumer electronic products has highlighted an industry demand for thinner, lighter, more durable, and less expensive alternatives. Unfortunately, typical hard coat resin technologies can’t offer the scratch resistance, clarity, or flexibility to be considered as a replacement for glass in the cover lens assembly.
Until now.Diamond Guard resin offers:
- Improved product durability and scratch resistance that maintains product appearance and usability
- Reduced weight that meets customer demands, reduces shipping costs, and improves ease of use for handheld devices
- Support and protection for emerging flexible display designs
- Glass-like display performance without sacrificing high definition and optical clarity
- Diamond Guard coated film laminated to lens assembly
- Diamond Guard resin directly coated to lens substrate
- Diamond Guard coated film laminated to LCD panel
- Diamond Guard coated films used to build entire cover lens assemblies
Product Protection & Decoration
Diamond Guard coatings extend the service life and preserve the aesthetics of consumer, industrial, medical, and automotive products while allowing new, innovative design elements. Diamond Guard offers improved protection for membrane and capacitive switches as well as molded decorative surfaces including in-mold lamination (IML), white goods, and automotive trim.
Diamond Guard coated films are easily printable on the non-coated side for cover glass border patterns or decorative surface features that are protected by the hard coat and film layers. Die-cut film parts can be directly inserted for in-mold lamination to softer plastic parts, which adds a scratch-resistant and decorative outer shell layer to the molded part.